For the second time this month I cancelled my appearance at an event. It was a difficult decision to make yesterday morning, but I decided not to go to Riverton for the pro-life banquet. Interstate 80 was closed and I knew I could not get to Riverton via that route, but Interstate 25 was open and I pondered at length as to whether or not I should make the five hour trip. The light snow was a minor concern compared to the dense fog with temperatures hanging right at 28 and 29 degrees. This mixture of fog and cold temperatures made me very concerned about the presence of black ice. If I had white-knuckle driving for five hours or more to get to the banquet would I be any good as a speaker once I arrived?
I apologize to the Knights of Columbus, Abba's House Pregnancy Center, and St. Margaret's Parish for not showing up to the event. I hope it was a successful gathering and that the remainder of funds needed to purchase the ultrasound machine were raised.
As the temperatures rise and the snow begins to melt from the prairie, I only have one question. Will it snow again on Mother's Day for the third year in a row? I hope not. Come on summer!