Our choice of words matter. Our tone of voice impacts people as well. It is the responsibility of the sender to communicate clearly so that the listener is able to interpret the message correctly. Miscommunication can cause huge problems. This is true for us as individuals and as institutions.
I simply pose these questions for your reflection today.
1. What have you been communicating recently?
2. Have your messages been building up the Kingdom of God?
3. What do you believe our national politics is communicating right now?
4. What do you think the Church is communicating to the world in modern times?
5. Finally, where do you find yourself in the overall picture of life?