I want to experience for myself what it is like to be a snowbird. Winters in Florida! That has a nice ring to it. I guess I'll keep working for now.
In all seriousness, it is a good reminder for each of us to examine what we are doing to grow in our walk with the Lord. How are we building the life we desire when it comes to our spiritual journey?
Describe the difference in your relationship with Jesus now--compared to five years ago. What specific actions are you taking to grow? I invite you to do a thorough examination of your life. I'll jump-start the process by asking a few questions:
1. How is your discipline in regard to daily prayer?
2. Do you pray frequently? (Pray without ceasing.)
3. Do you pray fervently? (Lip service???)
4. Do you pray faithfully, or just when in need?
5. How are you growing in charity? Be specific.
6. Are you rooting sin out of your life? How?
Use each day to build the life you desire--holiness!
Today marks the 28th anniversary of my dad's death. It is hard to believe that he has been gone for that long. Life certainly has provided opportunities to grow and learn from loss. If you are in the midst of experiencing grief in your life, please know of my prayers for you today.