Is it cynical to have a bit of mistrust in our government, our media, prominent celebrities, billionaire investors, and others, or is that just good common sense? Regardless of the answer, my mistrust is present.
The two-party system in government has set up the dynamics of modern politics where it is all about winning and losing at the party level. It is rare to find the politician willing to represent his/her constituency when that goes against what the party is pushing. Unfortunately, it is the people of America who lose in the long run.
Do I trust the media? No. Look at what gets coverage and what does not. It is plain to see that there is an agenda which drives media coverage. A free press is essential for our freedom. Social media has given an outlet for those wishing to express their viewpoints, but even now, the censorship that is taking place on the major outlets has been ramped up immensely. Who would have ever thought that the founder of Facebook or Microsoft would be hailed as the moral theologians of society? Wow!
Speaking of celebrities and billionaires, do you really want them dictating the direction of the country. "Mr Population Control" is going to supervise the vaccination process for COVID 19 and require everyone to be a card-carrying member. Seriously?
This leads to many questions.
1. What does Bill Gates (and others) have to gain by the continued shutdown of society? How much money is to be made in the vaccination process?
2. What political victories are being sought in a continued shutdown? How does this impact the November election?
3. Some people are making more money on unemployment than what they were making when they were working due to the increased amount for COVID 19. Is this a kind gesture by the government, or is it a way to foster dependence upon government subsidies? (This influences voting.)
4. Why are politicians (and others) concerned about the health of people if we open up society, but on the other hand are okay with abortion and infanticide on a regular basis? As a matter of fact, this killing was allowed to carry on during the lock down. That's how important it is to some groups.
5. Why were people so upset when a baker refused to bake a cake for a "same-sex wedding," but not a word is said now when stores refuse entrance to people for a variety of reasons? Some stores require you to wear a mask to enter the store? You are forbidden entrance if you are not wearing one. Is a person able to file a lawsuit because of that discrimination?
A home improvement store won't allow anyone under the age of sixteen to enter. Liquor is not sold. Tobacco is not sold. Why is a ten year old being discriminated against in such a way? Or why is the single parent being discriminated against in such a way? A mom or a dad with a toddler in tow is not allowed to enter with the child? Where is the outcry? Where are the lawsuits?
6. Private citizens are being tracked with drones to be sure they are not violating stay at home orders. Is this America?
As society begins to open up, I hope we are careful and continue to practice a little social distancing, good hygiene, etc. In no way am I suggesting that we do things that jeopardize our safety out of carelessness.
This whole scenario should serve as a wake-up call. Our freedom is fragile. Look at how quickly freedom was removed without a shot being fired. Toilet paper became a hot commodity. Think about that. Now there is talk that the food supply will see some disruptions. The delicate balance of supply and demand has been disrupted by a virus. Does that give you any indication as to what happens with an all out biological warfare initiative?
What is the point of my message today? I am simply asking you to put your trust in Jesus and be a person of prayer. The bishops will consecrate our nation to Our Blessed Mother On May 1. Make plans in your personal life to seek Mary's intercession in a powerful way during the month of May. Let her draw you closer to her Son--the Way, the Truth, and the Life!