Although I previously lived in Cheyenne for nearly nine years, these past eight weeks in my new role as Executive Director of United Way of Laramie County have been quite eye-opening. Being intentional about getting out into the community and knowing what is going on has been profoundly uplifting. The number of people willing to support this community in a variety of ways is heartwarming. It has been a privilege to get to spend time with people like Tim Thornell and other community leaders.
What have I learned this week?
1. I need a nice cowboy hat.
2. I need an appropriate belt buckle.
3. I need some long-sleeve western shirts.
4. I need one pink long-sleeve western shirt to show I am tough enough.
5. I need to wear my cowboy boots more frequently so they don't hurt my feet as much.
Have a blessed weekend!