~Annie Dillard, The Writing Life
Do you remember the old saying admonishing us to pay attention to the processes of life? While there is debate about who should get credit for the quote, I share it here for your reflection. It went something like this.
Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words.
Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.
Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.
How are you spending your days? What habits have you formed? What does this reveal about your "true self?"
My encouragement to you today is simple:
1. Think holy thoughts.
2. Speak in a charitable manner.
3. Act with reverence toward God and others.
4. Instill these things by developing the habit of a faithful prayer life.
5. Let your character reflect the gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit.
6. Recognize that your eternal destiny is with God.