This has been my seventh winter in Wyoming. Fortunately, in all of my travels across the state, I have only had to cancel a few events during those years due to inclement weather. If I remember correctly, all of those cancellations have occurred in the month of April. Here we are again facing another possible cancellation in mid-April. (We have had snow on Mother's Day the last two years. I hope this isn't the third consecutive year for that too.)
I know Florida endures hurricanes, but there are times when I can envision my ministry taking place in The Sunshine State. While I sit and dream about that possibility for a little while, I will pray for guidance in what to do for this weekend. I want to be prudent in keeping everyone safe, but I don't want to cancel unless it is absolutely necessary. I have known a time or two when the weather forecasters have been wrong. Could this be one of those times? Did I mention, it is almost 70 degrees outside right now?