When you discern certain decisions in life, do you ever wish that things were simply black or white? It can be difficult at times to clearly discern God's will for us because there are frequently many possibilities from which to choose. Weighing the pros and cons will take us to a particular point, but what do we do when the options appear closely matched in regard to the number of pros and cons? How do we finally make that decision with as much clarity as possible?
Consider these factors:
1. Have you prayed about the decision?
2. How has God moved in your life in the past when making decisions?
3. Is this current circumstance consistent with that previous experience?
4. Is the decision in line with the commandments of God?
5. Can you move forward in peace if you choose one option over another?
Our decisions in life are not always easy. Very little in our world seems to be black and white. Thankfully, the Gifts of the Holy Spirit can empower us to see clearly the will of God. How frequently do we ask for a release of those gifts in our lives? Walking in faith requires a vibrant prayer life. How will your prayer life grow during this Lenten journey? It begins in two days. Make preparations now.